Search This Blog

Friday, February 08, 2008

Playing devil's avocado

images-1.jpeg

So I said to him, "what happens if I poke this in here?"

He thought for a moment, sucked his lip, and said, "well, I'd have to say that you would break it. It's not meant to have things poked into it."

"That answers my question." Then I thought for a bit. "I could poke it a little couldn't I?"

He looked a bit annoyed for a minute, then sighed. "Look, you can poke it if you want to, but it's really not meant for that kind of thing."

"So I can poke it a bit?"

"Yes, if you want to, it's a free country."

"Would that void my warranty?"

"If you poked it?"

"A bit."

"If you poked it a bit? After I told you that you would break it?"

"Yeah, but say you hadn't told me that."

"Even if I hadn't told you, and you poked it..."

"Assuming I had no warning,"

"Yes, like you had no warning, because I hadn't told you, and you poked it, but only a bit, and it clearly isn't designed for any kind of poking, then, yes of course you'd void your fucking warranty."

"Best not poke it then."

"NO!"

"Ok, I got it."

He took a deep breath. "Now, is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Yeah, so what if I got someone else to poke it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you