Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2007

There's something about me

By now you will have realised that this blog is very up its own arse (ass, for you colonials).

Here, I only write about me, the me that is. It's cheap therapy for me. I get to write (talk) shite for no cost.

But, occasionally, I will break out of my navel-gazing (take my eye off the microscope in my tummy button) and write about something outside the endless introspection.

And you know what - it all scans, it has a certain rhythm, a broken pentameter (because there's five), that makes the words move over themselves until they trip over the end of the sentence; the full stop. And I can break that with the opportune injection of a semi-colon; like that.

And then I'll stuff an out-of-place conjunction in a place where some other word should be. And. But.

But it's narrow in its service to the whole, the accelerating grammar of (something).

See what I did there? No?

Listening to Elvis now. You were always on my mind.

If I made you feel second best.

Tell me that your sweet love hasn't died.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:21 am

    Quick question; when you people say arse, do you say it like it is spelled, or do you actually say 'ass' and just *spell* it arse? I'm trying to imagine saying it that way, and it just doesn't have the same impact. Arse sounds like avoidance of ass. Dressing it up, as it were. Just askin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question: wrote my answer in a post.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you