Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I remember

When I was studying at Oxford (polytechnic, architecture, 1984) I fell in love with a woman and didn't tell her, her name was Phillipa (and she asked me to nickname her, and I couldn't, because I loved her).

For that summer year I had eyes full of light.

At that time I was what's called a psychobilly (laughable now, and laughable then, as I had little ear for the defining music and was mainly quiff-centric in my admiration of the genre) and she was a northern-noise nearly-goth eccentric.

I spent a year in total, distant love. And hated every silent minute that slipped by, without my saying so.

But other shit happened there (badness in lots of hues) that got in the way, and I ran off.

3 comments:

  1. Why is it that we think at that point in our lives that unrequieted love is so fucking awesome?! Cuz it's not. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second only to lost love

    ReplyDelete
  3. read your blog. Heart goes out. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you