Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Frak! Frik! Frakkety Frak!

What a shit of a day. Got seriously side-swiped by some arse wole at work today. See, my job divides basically between shouting at subordinates and being bloody-minded with senior management. This is the lot of a middle manager - which is I - channelling fuckwittery to the destination least able to cope with it.

office life

My particular pleasure is the smug-as-a-cat-with-cream-filled-mouse-smugness "I told you so" moment. That and schadenfreude. These two unpleasant pleasures I live for in my day to day travail; which is mainly pushing up that hill with the embiggening boulder and Tantalus telling me, "you think you've got it bad vato, check out this bunch of grape headfuck that's vexing I."

To which I will reply, "they are probably sour anyway, ask that fox with the crick in his neck."

Then some thirsty crow will start plonking rocks in my beer - which was half empty, but is now half full, thanks to the efforts of this dirty-arsed Sheryl.

Shittety dang!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:13 am

    I got my performance appraisal today. That conversation sucked all the air out of the room. Evidently I'm not creative and don't know what other departments are up to. Whatever. I think I'll have some alcholic beverage to smooth my evening along.

    Crows and foxen. Be careful. Have you read or heard much North Americano Mythology? It's rife with both and suggests that neither should be taken at face value.

    Imagine NObody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any north amrerican mythology - didn't think you colonials had enough history to squeeze a myth out of. Unless you're talking about Native Americans (is that the right term?), then you've got millenia of oral history to draw on (like it's paper).

    But my fox and crow is from my memories of 60s primary schooling - where old ladies read Enid Blyton and Aesop's fables to rapt autdience of us small english children.

    My face has no value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your performance appraisal - did you get that shite "areas for improvement" baldercap?

    I get that. To which I reply "I can level off some of my strengths to fill the troughs of my weakness. Do you want that? I'm talking to you. DO YOU WANT THAT?"

    Then I stab them with a hole punch.

    In my head anway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:47 am

    I was so overwhelmed by my (no shit) 1% raise -- after achiveing an overally 'meets expectations' that all the rest is a haze. Yeah. "Challenge Areas". All I know is that I can hardly *wait* for the creation of the 2007 goals. Now that should prove creative. This is fortune 500 finance department analysis, people. I mean, how creative can that get on a good day? Wait. . .
    I've amused myself for a second there. It wasn't just me, though. A parade of mildly annoyed people paraded out of the pointy-haired ones office over the course of the day. Wish I could do something that I like doing for a living.

    Imagine NObody

    and yeah, we have a rich history and mythology to work with ( as though it were work ) but it's all mixed up with what got brought over (picture myths being crammed in to carpet bags carried by old ladies in babuskas). Hybrid vigor, just like our people.


    The night is beautiful

    So the faces of my people

    The stars are beautiful

    So the eyes of my people

    Beautiful also is the sun

    beautiful also are the souls of my people

    Langston Hughes just makes me cry. Or maybe it's the beverage I just finished. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you