Search This Blog

Monday, February 08, 2010

Fucking off out of twitter

That's about it for me, I've done nearly 14,000 tweets on twitter since I joined in 2006, every one a finely sculpted insight into my inner turmoil (not interesting), love of wordage (slightly interesting), ability to swear and ANGER (interesting).

Now I'm bored. I'm bored by the ironic hipster slant it's taken, bored by the "ho ho, I'm banal, did you get what I did there?" slackly sardonic schtick.

There's some I'd like to keep in touch with, but most of them have graduated to long-form, realising the one shouting to many not listening protocol isn't great for correspondence that isn't designed for public consumption, and DM is just crap email.

Also, I've run out of bon mots, the bon mot mine is tapped out, no longer a mot that's bon is to be found in the seam (in fact I may have cut a sewer whilst digging).

So that's it bar the occasional "I've just ate a sandwich" tweet, or some 140 character diatribe on what a cunt David Cameron is.

Cheers ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you