Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2007

My hair has been falling out

Which I think has something to do with the orange glow at Gethsemet.

My left little finger is numb and turning black, but that's because I think I broke it when I killed the Kafka guard.

So not well then. Also, running on sour adrenaline.

It's early grey dawn. And I'm out of my radius (one good thing at the Abu Gulag was that they removed the ankle ticker, so now I have the keys to this shit-hole city).

Going to sleep in this ditch I'm in. There's a corpse next to me, with a hole where one eye should be.

I'm just about asleep when the call to prayer blares out of the PA strung up on every corner.

There's a small boy looking at me.

"Is that gun got bullets in it?" he asks in English. And I realise I still have the gun (with dried blood an brain on it) from the Kafka guard.

"I don't know," I say, "why'd you ask?"

"If you shoot someone for me, I can help you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you