Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Momentary flashes of joy

Like a dying battery that arcs occasionally, the smell of ozone cracking in the air

"The delta wave has started building - how long does it need"

I think I'm going to go to the poetry slam upcoming. Although it sounds like the usual dreary twats will be in attendance, still I think I may enjoy it.

Here's a quote from the site:

Slamming is competitive poetry; where poets perform their work and the audience decide by their applause which poets are best.

Sounds engaging. Any suggestions as to what I should perform? Perhaps this (I like it).

Or maybe I'll crash?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 am

    May I recommend that you attend without participating at least once? I suspect that it would be nice to get a feel for the thing prior to putting your heart out to potentially be stomped around on by people who (possibly) may be expecting something akin to rap music. But without the music.

    Juuust in case.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you