Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

The back of his head burst open

And I looked round a moment later, and saw Ginger smiling, just lowering his gun.

We were half way up, and not going too quick because it was steep, and we really didn't want to get there ahead.

Fusel was beside me, my arm in his, and also holding Bêbe by the hand (I wanted to do that, I thought), helping us both. For a moment he stopped and pulled me back, and pulled Bêbe forward, so we were three close together, and me, taller than both, was looking down.

He looked at Bêbe, then looked me in the eye, took a breath and opened his mouth to say something or other, and I heard a parsimonious little crack behind us, and blood exploded from his mouth. And he hiccoughed once and I felt his weight suddenly, and Bêbe caught him close, and his eyes went glassy as he slumped, and pulled us both to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you