Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You know

Many year ago, there was a yard where public school acquaintances were bunched in a barn on the other side, in the dark, across the cobbles, an electric wire connecting their PA to the electricity supply. The PA relayed and amplified loud, shit, eighties music, like Dire fucking Straits, like Level fucking 42. The wire was a lead in two parts with a yellow plug and socket separating it halfway across the yard.

So, Fuckface Vaughan's girlfriend was getting pissed off with the noise because it was past wee hours, and we're in Langham, Rutland in 1986, which is quiet and at home. So I unplug the halfway socket and I get a chorus of "we know" chanted from the dark barn hole by these public school twats (a barnful of public school twats is a twattery). This referred to a past indiscretion (the thing) I had revealed to Fuckface Vaughan, thinking him a friend, that he would treat of it as not a laugh.

Now, I don't think he told them what he and I knew, I just think he told them to say "we know" (clever bastard), knowing I'd think he'd revealed my deep dark hole. Well, it's funny, and mainly because of the following two:

  1. I didn't connect the chant with the thing until a year later, so it was wasted on the night
  2. I lied about the thing

1 comment:

  1. Friends can be such turds. :P Thank God you unplugged Level Fucking 42 *ack* : )

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say, I'm watching you