Saturday, November 04, 2006
well, I edited this peice of navel-gazing (as opposed to naval-grazing, which is eating ship lawns), as it was deeply black-dog in outlook (that fucker bit my heels for a whole year) and ultimately unrewarding, either for you (dear reader) or me (cheap writer). Damn, you only get that joke if you were born before the Singularity
Cod philosophy. For the following I will remind you of: self referencing sentences; the Epimenides' paradox; Russell's paradox; and maybe a bit of Cantor's diagonal argument vs. Jazz Butcher (though not yet).
- Self reference: this statement refers to itself
- Epimenides: this statement is false
- Russell: what set does the set of all sets that don't contain themselves belong to?
- Cantor Jazz Butcher: some infinities are bigger than others; when one gets up, goes out of the room, it gets replaced by another
- is the answer to this question affirmative? - answer yes, and the question answers itself, in a way that can't get more affirmative
- is 'the answer to this question negative? - answer no and you're lying, answer yes and you're wrong