Friday, December 01, 2006
Saturday, November 04, 2006
- Self reference: this statement refers to itself
- Epimenides: this statement is false
- Russell: what set does the set of all sets that don't contain themselves belong to?
- Cantor Jazz Butcher: some infinities are bigger than others; when one gets up, goes out of the room, it gets replaced by another
- is the answer to this question affirmative? - answer yes, and the question answers itself, in a way that can't get more affirmative
- is 'the answer to this question negative? - answer no and you're lying, answer yes and you're wrong
Friday, November 03, 2006
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Friday, July 28, 2006
Monday, May 29, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Friday, April 21, 2006
He spat and he spluttered and walked up and down the ranks of bunks.
He swore and coughed. His head down and forward, a glower on his brow, he was dark and sour and ill-lit by light from his lantern burning yellow.
We called him long-knife, and cowered in our beds, waiting for him to pass. Because: if he turned; if he turned at your bunk; you didn't want to know, and hoped he picked the one above, below, just not you.